Who are we? Classroom Ready is a Foundation for Fort Mill Schools program, run by community volunteers and funded by donations from our supportive community. Classroom Ready provides free school supplies to students in need who are enrolled in the Fort Mill School District.
Who we serve? We serve students with a financial need in the Fort Mill School District. In the summer months, we work with individual families. During the school year, we work directly with FMSD guidance counselors to meet student needs.
When are we open? ALL YEAR ROUND! We work with volunteers in our supply room and with supply drive hosts throughout the community. During our distribution weekend in August, we distribute more than 500 backpacks to Fort Mill students in need. Throughout the school year, we process supply requests from guidance counselors and maintain the supply room with the help of volunteers.
Where are we located? The Susan McCrae Moore Supply Room is located at 120 East Elliott Street. Our big red donation bin is located near our entrance on the back side of the building and is available 24/7. For larger donation drop-offs, we are open by appointment.
Would you like to HELP?
- SHARE information about this program with others. Access our google drive with logos, flyers, and more here
- HOST a supply drive in your neighborhood, organization, business, church, etc. For more information or to let us know how you can help email ClassroomReady
- DONATE individual supplies. For a current list of our most needed supplies, email ClassroomReady or you can make a monetary donation here.
- To VOLUNTEER email ClassroomReady for more information.
- FOLLOW US on social media for updates and volunteer opportunities.
Do you NEED HELP providing school supplies for your child?
Registration for the 2022/23 School Year will begin in late April.
To receive a backpack, all students must be pre-registered.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Saturday, August 6, 2022: Tega Cay Walmart “Stuff the Bus”.
- First weekend, August 2022: Backpack Distribution Weekend.
On this South Carolina Tax-Free weekend, help us restock our supply room with the school supplies needed to serve our students.
Email ClassroomReady or call 803.599.0157 (text is best).
CN2’s Sarah Obeid focuses in on Classroom Ready and how Service Week plays a significant role in its success.
An organization is helping hundreds of children in need. Classroom Ready collects school supply donations for underprivileged children. All of it is distributed to Fort Mill families at the end of the summer, but the prep work begins now. CN2’s Kathryn Andreoli with a look inside a new storage facility and the plans to get students “classroom ready”.