2020-2021 Classroom Ready
Who are we? Classroom Ready is a Foundation for Fort Mill Schools program, run by community volunteers and funded by grants and donations from our supportive community. Classroom Ready provides free school supplies to students in need who are enrolled in the Fort Mill School District.
Who we serve? We serve every school in the Fort Mill School District. In the summer months, we work with individual families, The Fort Mill Care Center, area churches and other community organizations to identify needs prior to school starting. During the school year, we work directly with FMSD guidance counselors to meet student needs.
When are we open? ALL YEAR ROUND! In the summer months, we work with volunteers in our supply room as well as with supply drive hosts throughout the community. During the months of July and August, we distribute backpacks and invite school counselors to shop for their students. Throughout the school year, we process orders from guidance counselors and maintain the supply room with the help of volunteers.
Where are we located? The Susan McCrae Moore Supply Room is located at 120 East Elliott Street. We are open by appointment only.
Would you like to HELP?
- SHARE information about this program with others. Access our google drive with logos, flyers, and more here
- HOST a supply drive in your neighborhood, organization, business, church, etc. For more information or to let us know how you can help email ClassroomReady@ffms.org
- DONATE individual supplies. View our current supply requests on Signup Genius here
- To VOLUNTEER email ClassroomReady@ffms.org for more information. Check our website and social media pages for volunteer opportunities throughout the year.
- FOLLOW US on social media for updates and volunteer opportunities.
Do you NEED HELP providing school supplies for your child?
Families must apply for assistance by July 15th to receive items prior to the first day of school.
To apply online, email ClassroomReady@ffms.org for a link
Paper applications may be downloaded here.
Applications are also available to Care Center Clients at the Fort Mill Care Center.
SAVE THE DATE:
- Saturday, August 7, 2021: Tega Cay Walmart “Stuff the Bus”.
On this South Carolina Tax-Free weekend, help us restock our supply room with the school supplies needed to serve our students.
Email ClassroomReady@ffms.org or call 803.548.5559.
CN2’s Sarah Obeid focuses in on Classroom Ready and how Service Week plays a significant role in its success.
An organization is helping hundreds of children in need. Classroom Ready collects school supply donations for underprivileged children. All of it is distributed to Fort Mill families at the end of the summer, but the prep work begins now. CN2’s Kathryn Andreoli with a look inside a new storage facility and the plans to get students “classroom ready”.